Friday 3 October 2008

Hello and Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog,

I guess that I should start by explaining why I've set it up and what you can expect to find here over future months and years.

The Cognitive Fitness Consultancy was established in 1996 to coincide with the launch of the psychometric tool Thinking Styles, as a way of helping people at work to understand themselves and others more effectively. As a psychologist, one of the things that I'm passionate about is trying to find ways of understanding relationships between people; why is it that we feel so comfortable with some colleagues, and yet others unleash in us all sorts of varied and complex emotions from mild irritation to active dislike?

My first book, Thinking Styles - Relationship Strategies that Work! was published in 1999 in an effort to explore how our thinking influences our behaviours and our relationships with others. Over the years I've received many letters from people telling me how this little book has helped them to understand not just their colleagues, but friends, family and life partners as well! I'm delighted to hear it, - that's just what it was written to do.

Of course, over the years, we have added other psychometric tools to the Cognitive Fitness stable; all of them designed to increase self-awareness and add value to the quality of people's working relationships and therefore to their lives. And if that sounds a little over-the-top then I can only apologise, - but I do mean it very sincerely as we really are an organisation driven by Purpose (which is why our new on-line Cognitive Fitness questionnaire and report are available to you via the website completely free of any charge).

One of the other things that I'm passionate about, apart from encouraging people to become more self-aware and achieve their potential, is personal and leadership Authenticity, and I will be writing much more about those subjects in future blogs.

If you don't want to wait, please feel free to have a look at our Resources page where you will find articles on Authentic Leadership and developing Cognitive Fitness, as well as information on how to avoid flabby thinking and on the psychology of teams.

My best wishes,

Fiona





























No comments: